07 December 2014

Time in Munich Coming to an End

We had a city tour of Munich early this morning, much of which I saw the first time I was here.  It was very cold and pretty foggy so the pictures of Nymphenburg Palace are not so good.  We learned that the Olympic Village is now a self-contained residential area.  The park itself is still standing and is used quite often.   It is right across the roadway from the BMW headquarters, BMW Museum and what they call "BMW World" where Coldplay held a concert the other night.











Our city tour concluded back at marienplatz just in time for the Glockenspiel.


Part of the group took the afternoon optional to Linderhof Palace and Oberammagau.  Since I have been to both, I opted to wonder the streets again.  So glad I did.   Peterskirche was indeed open today.  A gorgeous church still used today.  In fact, they were having a service this morning.  It was very nice.



Just outside Peterskirche


The section of the markets outside Peterskirche is called Kripplermarkt - You can by anything to create a nativity scene, from mini ceramic urns to mini mangers.



Next I walked to check out the last church, Asamkirche.  It is quite a walk from Marienplatz and oh so worth the walk.




It's pretty dark in the chapel area so it was almost impossible to get good pictures





The corner entertainment on the way back to Marienplatz and the S-bahn



























No comments:

Post a Comment