10 December 2014

Vienna Oh Vienna

We're in the city of 38 Christmas markets - Vienna.   As soon as we arrived we were taken to the main Christmas market at Rathausplatz for shopping until our brief city tour.  I found the ornaments I wanted to get!!!  Plus a few things more.  Our guide, Trudy, took us on a walking tour through the museum quarter, to see the Hofburg Palace, the Spanish Riding School, the stables of the Lipizzaner performance horses, Burg Theatre, the Votive Church, and Karlskirche.   The driving tour took us around the Ringstrasse and to see the diplomatic district.  We then headed to check in at the hotel, which is very convenient to the U-bahn (just around the corner).  Dropped by bags in the room and headed for the U-bahn to go into the city center, Stephensplatz to exchange money.  Next I hit the market at Karlsplatz, which was mainly glass, wood, jewelry, and candle artisans.  Woohoo!!!   Can  you say awesome!!!!     Tomorrow we go to Bratislava, Slovakia for a morning trip and then I plan to hit the markets at Schonbrunn and Spittelberg.








































No comments:

Post a Comment